Friday, October 17, 2008

Prepared to teach?

It’s the first day of school. Nerves are shaking throughout her body, dreading the upcoming year. A high level of uncertainty has set in, wondering if she is ready for the school year.
Then the students start filing in one by one as she met them at the door. That is what happened with first year teacher Crystelle Ross. Ross said, “I was so nervous out of my mind before the first day, but once it got closer I realized that I needed to suck it up, because it was coming whether I liked it or not.”
Similar stories can be found throughout the state as young men and women graduate and start teaching children in elementary school. One may question how well these people are prepared. Ross states that she feels like she was very well prepared. Utah State is very well known for its education program, which ranks first in the state, has brought many people to Logan who may have gone other places.
Tarah Crookston noted, “That the education program at Utah State far exceeds the program at the University of Utah, where she transferred to Utah State from, it’s smaller and more convenient.” Crookston continued, “I have been very well prepared, all of my professors were real life elementary teachers, so they know what they’re talking about, and Education Rocks!”

No comments: