Monday, October 13, 2008

Homecoming

I'm doing an article in the Statesman about how homecomings are "celebrated" (I guess you could say) in different states or if there is any sort of similar thing in different countries.

How does USU's homecoming contrast other colleges in or out of Utah? High Schools?

Any good ideas or sources? I'm especially looking for out-of-staters. Example: I'm from Texas and we have these huge mums we wear to match our dates at homecoming, they are huge ribbony flowery things that hang on your shoulder. Any thing similar from you?

2 comments:

Kate Clark said...

Hey Courtney! I guess you could call me an out-of-stater. I moved here right before high school, but I have some friends or my older siblings you could phone or something. This probably wont be the easiest option because my friends and siblings dont live in Cache Valley, but if you are desperately looking for someone to interview, I could always get you someones number. Just let me know!

Ted Pease, Professor of Interesting Stuff said...

Texas!

I have a nephew at Kenyon College in Ohio, if you want to email him. I have no idea if "homecoming" means anything to him. And other nephews at college and HS in Maine.

TP