Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Public Displays of Affection Effect Students

Students at Utah State University complain about the public display of affection seen on campus.

Danny Hoerman, a sophomore at Utah State says that he doesn't like seeing people show their affection towards one another in public.

"I wish I could puke on demand so I could show everyone that uses excessive displays of public affection what I think of them," said Hoerman.

Not all students tend to be so adamant about affection shown in public however.

James Calder, a freshmen at USU said that he doesn't mind seeing people show their feelings towards each other in public, as long as its not causing a scene.

"I think that holding hands or a peck on the cheek are okay in public, but when people are kissing really passionately that's when it crosses the line and becomes inappropriate," said Calder.

Almost all people have been affected by public displays of affection in one way or another. What are the positive effects of affection displayed in public?

Brandon Packer of USU said that with all of the negativity seen in the world, he thinks it's great to see that people still love each other.

"I think it's nice to see people holding hands or kissing in public. It makes me feel like there is still love in the world despite all of the bad things happening in the world that you see on the news," said Packer.

1 comment:

Blaze & Leslie said...

I realize that this isn't due till saturday but i'll be gone all weekend so I posted it today.