Friday, January 16, 2009

Natasha Bodily

.
Natasha Hope Bodily
natashabodily@gmail.com
Age: 18, or as Steven put it, I'm on the 19 side of 18
Hometown: Layton, Utah
Where were you born? Ogden, Utah- IHC
How many siblings? I have 3 brothers, one older (Adrian), two younger (Aaron and Austin).
My older brother is 22 and engaged. Aaron is a daredevil 15 year old and Austin is the most adorable 11 year old ever created.
Academic Major/minors: Major: Public Relations, Minor possibilities: French, Psychology, and I want to get a Sign Language certificate to be an interpreter.
Describe yourself: I’m very introverted in new groups of people (you’ve probably noticed—or you don’t know that I exist), but I really am quite outgoing once you get to know me. I like to watch people and I don’t need to be noticed so I keep to myself in large group settings. Most people take my quiet persona as a sign that I’m stuck up, but really, I am not at all-Promise!
I’m pretty self motivated and hard working. I’ve been financially independent since I was 16, so I know how to work hard and save money. I always need to be working on a project and I’m fairly productive. I work about 26-29 hours a week tutoring at Sky View High School and filing at the Budge Clinic at IHC. Even though I work a lot, I still make time for play, I love hanging out with my roommates and all our friends. I live in Old Farm so you almost have to make an effort if you don’t want to be social.
Weirdest/strangest/most interesting thing you ever did/happened to you: For lack of a better story… I have lived in New York City –Manhattan and Brooklyn- during the summers since I turned 16. The first time I moved out there was a week after my 16th birthday. There are lots of weird/strange/most interesting things that happened during those times, but that would not be a brief entry… If I were to pick one of the best stories it would have to be the one involving the Italian mafia, a slightly promiscuous (but amazingly kind) roommate, her ex-best friend and the crazy love pentagon I witnessed. Or maybe it would be story of escaping the ghetto and the old crazy roommate….
Your pet(s): My family has a small white teacup poodle named Gizzy. She thinks she can eat you and is still not fully potty trained even though she is 6 years old. We have a bird who I don't like too much. My brother accidentally killed our last bird, but I didn’t think we would get a new one.. They poop all the time...
Foreign languages: I took 4 years of French in High School, but I’m definitely rusty. I also took a year of Sign Language and I’m taking that again. I’m in Spanish 1010 and after I take a few Spanish courses I hope to also learn Portuguese and Italian. I don’t think I’ll ever try conquering Asian languages, they seem so complex, but Japanese would be nice to know if I ever do try.
Hobbies: This question always makes me feel lame. I never know what to say. I like to read and hang out with people…
Favorite thing in the world to do: Travel, spend time with my friends.
Favorite sport: Tennis is the only sport I ever played on a team for, and I’m not very good. But I do enjoy playing every now and then. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch.
Favorite food: My favorite healthy foods are grapes, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, sushi and green beans. My favorite unhealthy foods are Cheez Its- Jalapeño Tabasco Sauce flavored and Whales (they are like Goldfish crackers but cheaper)
Favorite drink: 30% of my body’s fluid is composed of Hot Chocolate.
Most hated food: meat in general… except fish. I’m a vegetarian, but I’ll eat sushi on rare occasions.
Favorite music/musician: Kina Grannis, Leona Lewis, Missy Higgins, Sara Bareilles, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Josh Groban, Celine Dion (don’t make fun), Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts, Three Days Grace, etc etc etc.
Most hated music: heavy metal
Favorite movie: Zoolander
Worst movie: Burn After Reading
What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be accomplished in whatever I do. I want to be successful in my career, but I also want to be a mom someday. In my dreams I’d love to work for a big magazine like Vogue or something.
If you could do any one single thing, what would it be? Travel the World
How well informed would you say you are about current events/the world? I’m more informed than most of my family and friends, but I definitely could be more informed.

No comments: