Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In Depth Feature/Profile

For my profile I am doing an article about a 90-year-old Cache Valley woman and how she has never moved more than 1/2 block in her entire life. The home she is in right now was built over 100 years ago and when she bought it, she got the home and 2 acres for $700. She loves the Aggies and her late husband went to school at USU. She and four of her best friends from 1st grade all still stay in touch and all of them are widows as well.

For my in depth feature I am sort of debating how I want to go about it. I know someone is covering eating habits, but I am thinking about doing eating disorders among college students. I think some of the subtopics I would want to cover are
- how many girls? guys? on our campus? (check with health and wellness center) (as well as ask a campus dietician about services)
- how do roommates feel about girls they worry about?
- What/how do girls think/feel about guys that are too skinny?
- How do guys think/feel about girls that are super skinny?
- societal pressures
- future impacts on health

Any ideas of how to make either of these articles more entertaining?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Courtney, I like the eating disorders idea. I would talk to a psychologist and get some information on how eating disorders affect the mind. I like your idea about talking to girls with roommates that have eating disorders. Maybe you could tell some things roommates could do to help in the recovery process. If you wanted to, you could even talk to someone with an eating disorder. That could really give the story a serious focus... if that's what you're even going for.