Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In-Depth Feature

For my in-depth feature article, I was thinking of writing about how texting has become an issue for kids as young as nine or ten years old!

I also was kind of interested in writing about teen pregnancy, or on what children think of the new president (but I am not sure if that would work for this specific assignment).

Which of those topics would you guys be most interested in hearing about? Do you have any sources or ideas for any of these topics? Your input would be appreciated very much.




ALSO,
for my profile article, I would like to either do it on a bellydancing instructor, the gravestone maker downtown, or a dog groomer. While you're at it you should let me know your opinion on those as well.

Thanks so much,

Kate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I would think that a dog groomer would be interesting to profile. I bet there is lots of background to why and how he/she came into such a profession. I would want to know the pros and cons of their job from their perspective. Also, since its a profile, maybe you could interview a long-time customer. That would be a good angle maybe.

Madison Roderick said...

Dang it! I just wrote you a huge suggestion and the computer deleted it! I was saying I think that a grave keeper would be way cool! If you were to do it I would want to know what kind of skills/experience he has, how long he's been working in that business,What kind of training/ background you need to get started, any fact or statistics he could give like if there's been a random spike in demand for gravestones or if the economy is effecting business and people are all carving their own. Ask him what his favorite kind of rock is to work with.I think you could get a lot out of that topic.